This option is best for entrepreneurial authors who wish to manage sales and distribution of their work, or who just want a limited number of books for personal use. This service is not limited to poetry; we are here to help you publish novels, memoirs, family histories, cookbooks, self-help, how-to books, etc. We provide the administrative, design and technical expertise for bringing the book to fruition, and then turn over the keys you, the author, to manage marketing, royalties, book orders and sales as you please.
Self-Publishing Package Includes:
- Copyediting & Proofreading the manuscript during various stages of production to ensure accuracy.
- ISBN Numbers with your own imprint as publisher.
- Formatted EAN/ISBN Barcode with retail price embedded.
- Inclusion in Books in Print through Bowker.
- Library of Congress Registration including pre-control number assignment and instructions for sending a final published copy of book to Library of Congress once book is released.
- Professional Interior Book Layout & Design following standard publishing guidelines.
- Professional Customized Cover Design with Gloss or Matte finish.
- Choice of white or cream interior pages, dependent on what will work best for the book’s aesthetic.
- Digital Author’s Proofs (PDF) before finalizing print-ready files.
- Digital Advance Review Copies (ARCs) if requested.
- Worldwide Distribution available through Ingram.
How to Get Started
- Gather and organize your book elements together for submission. (We’re provided a checklist and basic guidelines below.)
- Then simply email as attachments to Shawn@thePoetryBox.com. Please mention in the email that you are interested in SELF PUBLISHING/DESIGN SERVICES.
- We will acknowledge receipt within 1 business day and then follow up with you within 10 business days to discuss your project in detail and put together a proposal/quote.
- If you agree to the proposal, we will send you
- contract to sign and return
- invoice for 50% deposit
- Cover Letter containing:
- Proposed Book Title
- Legal Name of Author
- Author Name as it should appear on the cover.
- Brief synopsis/description of the book.
- Contact Information including:
- Email Address
- Shipping Address
- Phone Number
- Social Media links, if applicable (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Author Website, YouTube Channel, etc).
- List of Poems or Table of Contents (without page numbers)
- Manuscript (all chapters/section in one file)
- Additional Front/Back Matter Components: Acknowledgments, Dedication, Preface, Prologue, Glossary, Index, etc.
- Author Bio written in 3rd person, noting any literary awards, publications, and anything you’d like to share with the readers as it related to the topic of your book, etc.
- Include information regarding special layout needs, images, cover ideas, etc.
- Accepted file formats: WORD (.doc or .docx) or RTF (rich text format). Please do not send as PDF.
- Please use a standard readable font such as Times New Roman in 12pt. (This will not be the typeface used in the final book layout; it merely makes it easier to differentiate letters from numbers and note any italics, bold or other specialized type.)
- Please do not embed text in graphics or imagery.
- Start each chapter or poem on a new page.
- All images/graphics/illustrations must be print-ready and author must own the rights (or provide proof of licensing) to use them in the publication.
If you have any questions, you can contact the editor, Shawn Aveningo Sanders via Shawn@thePoetryBox.com.
We look forward to reading your work!