BEAUTY OF CANNABIS
BY Spurs Broken (AKA Robert R. Sanders)
THE PERFECT GIFT FOR ALL YOUR CANNABIS-LOVING FRIENDS.
$24.95, 7×10 inches, 128 pages
200 full-color photographs
Take a close-up look at the magical, mystical marijuana plant.
In this new book, Beauty of Cannabis, acclaimed photographer and celebrated cannabis advocate, Spurs Broken, introduces you to over 200 strains of craft cannabis, exploring the botany that makes each plant unique, as well as its notable effects. “Cannasseurs” will delight in detailed, macro images of favorite and lesser-known varieties.
- Fun, Fun, Fun! A sense of humor approach to looking at these 200 strains, in addition to the science of terpenes and THC levels.
- Spurs goes beyond typical Sativa, Indica, Hybrid descriptions of each strain, sharing his own unique experiences and favorite flavors.
- A ‘Canna-Kaleidoscope’ for the true Craft Cannabis Connoisseur looking for a unique visual experience to match the intensity of what they’re smoking.
- The Picture Inside The Picture: Even more fun to ‘read’ stoned for the fun in finding the picture or fantasy within the image. Remember being a kid finding animal shapes in the clouds—this is the adult version.
- Unique Generational Perspective: Spurs not only came of age during the sixties, he was a part of the magic and music of that era. (His band, Just Slightly Richer, even appeared on the Dick Clark’s Happening ’68) He remembers the days of “buying a lid” and is grateful to finally see legalization and normalization of this miraculous plant.
- He walks the talk. A true testament to the healing power of cannabis,Spurs, who’s 30 years sober, has successfully used CBDs to manage pain through two kidney surgeries, prostate surgery, and the aches & pains of aging. His wife, Shawn, has successfully managed pain from migraines and severe insomnia thanks to this plant, as well.
- The trifecta of marijuana photography with stunning imagery of the plants with their familiar fan leaves; a variety of bud shots showing frosty nugs and gooey goodness; to deep inside the nooks and crannies to a secret world hidden to the naked eye.
About the Author:
Robert R. Sanders (a.k.a. Spurs Broken) is a pioneer in the industry’s journey from analog to digital. His work spans half a century, and he has won numerous awards in creative design, animation, and photography. He was nominated for an Emmy for Fire Mountain (a news documentary detailing the eruption of Mt. St. Helen and the Pacific Ring of Fire) and mentored thousands of aspiring artists through his photographic lighting workshops, lectures, and as an adjunct professor at the Academy of Art University–San Francisco. As a student of light, he continues to push the boundaries to discover new ways to express passion in each and every photo. As a successful commercial photographer, Robert’s work is sometimes dramatic and clever, controversial, and humorous, but always intriguing and impacting. His passion and expertise have led him to develop a signature macro-photography style, through which he shares the beauty of the cannabis plant.
What They’re Saying . . .
“I love Spurs Broken artwork so much that I use it in my published works. Got to love the way he sees and interprets cannabis.”
~ Jorge Cervantes, Author, Photographer, Cannabis Cultivation Expert
“Spurs Broken is at the top of my list as a premium photographer of cannabis, not only because of his vision, but also for his activism on the part of all medical cannabis patients before it was a “thing to do.” His macro-photography evokes images of the inner space of the flower and to the outer space of shiny resin stars against a cloudless dark night sky.”
~ Ophelia Chong, Founder & Owner
Stock Pot Images – The First Premium Stock Agency for Cannabis Photography
The Poeming Pigeon
Doobie or Not Doobie?
Doobie or Not Doobie? The legalization of medical and recreational marijuana (cannabis) is a hot topic facing America and other countries across the globe. Homer examines this controversial issue through an international curated collection of poems and stories. You’ll enjoy tales of hilarious first encounters with the herb, gratitude for the escape from physical pain, fellowship in passing the spliff and learn why some prefer not to partake in the “madness.” So, light up (or not) and enjoy!
Contributing Poets & Writers from Around the Globe:
Adrian Ernesto Cepeda • Alec Solomita • Angi Holden • Art Goodtimes • Barbara Ruth • Bill Gainer • Brad G. Garber • Brandyn Johnson • Burky Achilles • Carl “Papa” Palmer • Carolyn Smuts • Casey Bush • Catfish McDaris • Cathy Bryant • Chella Courington • Christopher Luna • D. Russel Micnhimer • David Belmont • Devin Taylor • Doug Draime • Eileen Malone • Eric Silvera • Halee Kirkwood • Helen Sparrow • Jade Ware • Jake Grieco • Jane James • Jayne Martin • Jennifer Pratt-Walter • Jill Hawkins • Jim Fulcomer • John Lambremont, Sr. • John Smistad • Judith Skillman • Karen Jane Cannon • Karen Robiscoe • Karla Linn Merrifield • Katy Brown • Kerry A. Bennett • Kristin Roedell • Leah Mueller • Leona Phillips • LOB • Lori Loranger • Lydia Flores • Marilyn Stablein • Marj Hahne • Mercedes Webb-Pullman • Michael Berton • Nathan Tompkins • Paco Marquez • Pattie Palmer-Baker • Peter D. Goodwin • Phoebe Levija • Rachael Clyne • Rebecca Bilkau • Richard Bannerman • S. K. Kelen • Sarah White • Scott Thomas Outlar • Shawn Aveningo • Sigrun Susan Lane • SM • Spurs Broken • Teresa Zemaitis • Tiffany Burba-Schramm • Tim Kahl • Tricia Knoll • Wayne Lee • William Doreski
There are no reviews yet.